Please support us by liking us on facebook!
Ships are vessels that transport goods and people between planets.
In the X-universe, they usually employ a jumpgate network to rapidly transit to distant locations. This page serves as a hub for various information about these vessels.
- Ship List: Sortable table of all ships with links to detailed ship pages.
- Ownerless Ships: Generated claimable ships in the universe.
- Non-Vanilla Ships: A list of all ships not available in Vanilla X3 games.
 Class Groupings
Ship classes are often grouped together to simplify description.
Combat ships are generally categorized into 2 different groups:
A term coined here to describe combat ships not fitting the accepted groupings' descriptions is:
Ships designed primarily to carry cargo can be described as.
 Ship Classes
 Ship Repair
In the course of traveling the X-Universe, ships are often damaged, be it by weapons fire, hull-eating nebulae, or collisions.
The most immediate solution is to exit the vessel and repair it with a Repair Laser which is part of standard space suit equipment.
The other option is to limp back to a shipyard for more extensive repairs.
Equipment lost/destroyed to damage will have to be reacquired.
 Ship Designations
Non-Capital ships sold from shipyards are designated with S, M, and L.
These designations typically denote different equipment packages included in the sale.
- S series ships almost always are shielded with 1 MJ shields and are armed with IREs.
- L series ships by contrast are usually shielded with the maximum the class can hold and have heavier armaments.
As the details of each ship vary the most reliable way to determine differences is to look at the detail screens the shipyard posts.